California Contractors. Does the contract you use between your company and a home owner comply with the latest, 2019, section 7159 of the Business & Professions Code? Take this simple CA Home Improvement Contract test to see!
Get a copy of the contract form you use in your business. Make sure it is the contract you use when doing home improvement work. Home improvement work is work you do for a home owner or tenant on their residence.
With a copy of your home improvement contract form in front of you, take this simple test by answering these 9 questions about what the form does or does not contain!
Click on either yes or no to see if your form complies with this California CSLB law.
Make sure your pop up blocker is turned off because the answers will open up in a new window! HERE IS THE TEST!
1. My contract has a 3-day right to cancel form included on the backside with the other notices and provisions so the customer can cut it out and send it to me if they wish to cancel.
2. My contract tells the date when work will start and when work will end.
3. My contract has a notice titled "Notice to Owner" describing liens and ways to prevent them.
4. My contract has a heading where the work being done is described titled "Description of the Project and Description of the Significant Materials to be Used...."
5. My contract has a heading titled "Down Payment" and a notice by it stating how much the down payment can be by California Law.
6. My contract has a heading titled "Schedule of Progress Payments" and a bold notice by it stating that it is against the law for a contractor to collect payment for work not yet completed or materials not yet delivered.
7. My contract has a title that includes the words "Home Improvement."
8. My contract includes statements about whether or not I carry Workers Compensation and Liability Insurances for my business.
9. I saw a CA Home Improvement Contract on this website that is only 2 pages long... does this contract comply with all the California Laws?
AN INCORRECT ANSWER TO ANY OF THE ABOVE QUESTIONS MEANS YOU NEED NEW CONTRACTS!
Give US a call for expert help in getting you set up with a proven (this is our 23rd year in California), guaranteed compliant, trade specific, California Contract and any form you need to go with it for your business.
We have what you need and you can be confident that your business will have the correct forms it needs to be protected.